What will you learn?
- Session preamble: selling your services and products, parents preparation, session planning and follow through (from scheduling to delivering)
- Scenarios: beanbag, props setup, posing with parents, wrapping
- Lightning techniques: rules that apply to both natural light and strobes (studio light). Differences between natural light and studio light
- Camera technique: color balancing, exposure, focusing, angles, frame and composition
- Session workflow:
- Safety while posing
- Beanbag routine: posing and transitioning smoothly on the beanbag for time optimization
- Posing in props
- Posing with parents
- Improvisation: adapting to different and unplanned situations to make the most out of your session
- Attention to detail, attention to detail and attention to detail (yes, many times!)
- Baby soothing and safety: understanding baby’s needs and techniques for soothing
- Props: creative ideas for prop stocking on a budget
- Editing: Photoshop workflow, efficiency and consistency in retouching with Retouching Workflow Action (an easy to follow step by step series of actions for the most common editing needs in newborn photos)
- Customer service and sales made simple
- A little bit of marketing and social media
- 1 day Workshop:
- Language: Serbian
- Max. 10 attendees*
- Duration: 10 hours
- 4 hour theory immersion
- 2 posing sessions: 2 newborn babies to work with
- Questions and answers throughout the session
*If there are not enough people interested to fill up this class, Aleksandra Mandic reserves the right to cancel the class and all payments will be refunded.
8:00 a.m. Arrival at the studio, Meet and greet at the studio, theory immersion, Q&A round
9:30 a.m. Props set-up
10:00 a.m. Session starts, first model
1:00 p.m. Light Lunch break
2:00 p.m. Second model
4:30 p.m. End of session
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Photoshop digital workflow
When and where?
Belgrade, 31st March 2018
Vojvode Misica 7
Who’s this class for?
Enthusiast photographers, beginners or professionals who want to understand, learn and improve the necessary techniques for posing and photographing newborns.
Please keep in mind that this is not an introductory photography course, this is a specialization in newborn photography, therefore attendees must have good understanding of photography basics such as exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO. Must know how to set up and handle their own camera and must have experience and feel comfortable shooting in manual mode.
What do you need to bring?
The suggested equipment is a DSLR camera and a 50mm prime lens or a zoom lens with a range that includes 50mm. Optional macro lens and/or 35mm.
Notebook and pencil to take notes.
Total tuition is Euro 550.
Euro 200 to reserve your spot (non-refundable).
Euro 250 due to be paid by the end of February 2018.